Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Way Over Due Post About My Hubby's Birthday!

My Handsome Hubby!
My amazing husband, turned 28, on June 7th. I love birthdays! I think that they are very important, a birthday creates you existence in this world, and that is pretty neat. I love my husband's birthday the most, without his birthday I wouldn't have him. I want to thank his parents for teaching him to take care of me, and for making him the great man he is. So THANK YOU! I want to thank Kristina, for being one of his biggest fans, and she always knows what to say to pick up his spirits. I want to thank his friends for teaching him how to laugh at himself. Without you guys my husband would be pretty lame. 
This year for his birthday I wanted to something extra special, so I called his old college roommate and asked him to come visit. I thought it was a long shot, but Mike came! The best part was is that Ross had no idea, he came home from work, and I was out walking the dogs, and he came upstairs and started looking for me around the house. He opened Kim's bedroom door and there was Mike!! I know that he was taken back. 
Ross being excited about Mike!

I really wanted Ross to have fun, so I planned him a laser tag party at Laser Quest! In his words he said it was, "LEGEND... wait for it...DARY!! The first game we played was with a bunch of 6 years olds and a bunch of Laser Tag enthusiasts. So it worked out well for the whole group, Halley and I thought we stood a chance against the six years old, and the boys got the pros. Those kids were ruthless, I coward in a corner waiting for the the little one to tell me to, "Beat it Loser!" The second game Ross played, he did so well he took 2nd place!!! What a Laser Tag Stud!
After laser tag, we went to Famous Dave's for all you can eat meat, cause I know what my man likes. He loves BBQ, probably more then me. Big Ross, I blame you, and your amazing grilling skills.  The only problem I have with Famous Dave's is that they won't give me a name tag. I really want to be "Famous Joey". 
So after all you eat meat and endless laser tag, we went back to our apartment for cake and games.The only problem with having our birthday's so close to each others is that there is too much cake. I was worried about buying another cake when we still had a half an ice cream cake at home from my birthday. I decided to go ahead and buy one, and lucky I did, Ross ate ice cream cake for breakfast and left it on the counter all day. I came home to two puppies covered in chocolate cake and melted ice cream I would have mad, but the those dang puppies were TOO CUTE! So here is the cake that I didn't make, but I did buy all by myself.
This cake tasted so GOOD!

Ross spent the rest of his birthday weekend shopping for Magic cards with Mike and eating more BBQ! I really hope he had an epic birthday and one that he will always remember. I love him very much and I can't wait to do a bigger birthday for next year! I hope that all his wishes come true!
Happy 28th Birthday!



1 comment:

Kristina said...

If you like all you can eat BBQ then you guys should go to Tucanos. It is amazing. The only locations are in Provo, SLC, Alb, and Idaho. We took mom and dad right before we left and I think he has plans to go there every time they go to Abq from now on ;)
Anyway, looks like an awesome b-day! My brother is one of my favorite people and so are you so I'm glad you have each other. I wouldn't want just anyone taking care of my favorite people.
Love you both!