Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Kyle Gets a Heart!!

Yesterday morning Kyle got the call. he was called at 1:30 a.m. and was told that there was a heart available for him. He went into surgery at 9:45 p.m.
Kyle after surgery.
I drove up today to be with Kyle and rescue him from my mom, and her from him. Kyle gets grumpy when my mom does everything for him, and my mom gets grumpy when Kyle won't let her do everything for him. I saw him tonight for maybe maybe 20 minutes, but he looks better. The Doctors tell my mom that maybe in August, he could go to his real home. Which is awesome!! We still have the concern of him rejecting his heart and making sure that there is the blood he needs for the blood transfusion. He has some antegens in his blood that is making it hard for him to get receive blood.
While we are very blessed today that Kyle was able to get a heart, our hearts go out the family who lost a loved one. You are in our prayers, and thank you.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

We are so glad! We keep praying :)