Thursday, June 21, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

I feel really blessed today. Today is our 4 year wedding anniversary. I met Ross when I was 14, and I really like him then, because he was so tall. We started dating when I was 17, and after 3 weeks, I was madly in love with him. We broke up when I was 19, and we spent a few years apart. After several failed relationships on both our parts, I think we both finally realized that what we wanted in a spouse was what we had with each other.

I saw the movie,  Shall We Dance,  the 1937 version with Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, when I was 16. I love this film! There is a song in the film called, "Beginner's Luck". It is a song about a guy who talks about how lucky he is that because the first time he fell in love he fell in love with her.

 I have always said that I had beginners luck with Ross. I am very lucky, I was able to marry the person who also happen to be my first real love. Last year, when we had the ectopic pregnancy, the hospital social worker was telling Ross and me, that a lot people can end up divorced after an event like that. We told him that wasn't possible because for us divorce isn't option. The social worker told us to be realistic, and I told him, "If Ross and I were to get divorced, we spend a few years being stubborn, and then come to our senses and get married again." I honestly know that I was made for Ross, he is my soul-mate and my bestfriend.  Thank goodness for beginners luck....

2 comments:

Kristina said...

My two best friends married each other, I couldn't be luckier :D Love you guys :D

SheriJane said...

love this post!! and your little Elsie is just so perfect! I'm so happy for you Jo!!