Monday, May 30, 2011

Getting My Birthday Fix, While Turning Twenty-Six!!

Happy Birthday!

So this weekend I celebrated my 26th birthday, and it was a blast! I am going to start this post by telling you about my special day and then about what I learned about life while I was 25.
So my birthday was on Friday, I went to work that day and had a great end of year field trip with my class. We went swimming and then watched a movie. That evening I came home to one sick puppy. I bought these bones that are natural, and since Zoey has been teething, our other dog, I thought the bones were a good buy. But they weren't. Sandy's tummy did not digest them well and she needed medical attention. So after our trip to the vet and some meds. she is feeling a lot better. While I was out at the vet, Ross came home and set up the table with a card from him and one from the puppies. He bought me a new camera and it is even PINK! I love it! It is a Canon PowerShot.
Pretty cool huh?
Later that evening we had dinner at Old Spaghetti Factory. I feel like the real fun began on Saturday. I woke up and cleaned my house like crazy, this was the first day that was able to do all the house work since my surgery. That in itself is a present. After that I went on a mad shopping spree with Halley, who is always good about helping my justify why I need more shoes and handbags. That evening Ross, Nich, Halley, and I went to the BrazaGrill, yummy! My husband also planned a birthday party for me, with matching plates and napkins! He had a theme. I was so impressed. He is stealing my title of Birthday Coach! I had so much fun, my cheeks literally hurt by the end of the evening from laughing so much.
Trying to make walrus teeth with candles.

This has truly been an amazing year full of miracles and blessings. The thing I have really learned this year is how important it is to live like we are dieing. As many of you know my brother Kyle received a heart transplant last year, this was a miracle. I love my brother so much and seeing him alive is amazing. He is such a great person and even after how much he has had to change his life, he doesn't complain, he says I am alive. What a statement. I also lost a close friend this year. His name was Brandon, he was 26 and died of cancer the day before his birthday. I know that it was his time, he had been battling cancer since he was 4, but he was truly a remarkable person. He was kind and generous with everyone that he knew. He was a great example and he lived a life that a person could truly be proud of. I want to be a good person, I want life that I can be proud of, I want my life to touch others peoples lives. I want to be someones Kyle or Brandon. Our lives our so short, and it is impossible to know what God has planned for each of us, but I truly do believe that if we live each day as if it where our last, we would be kinder, more generous, more loving, more faithful, and more Christ like. This is the life I want.
So here I am, a year older and hopefully a year wiser and making a wish for another great year!
Thank you everyone!
 





3 comments:

Kristina said...

Love you Beautiful1 I'm so glad you had a great day!

Janna said...

Matching plates and napkins...I'm impressed! Hope you had a great birthday dear!

The Hamiltons said...

I loved the matching plates and napkins!