Sunday, October 3, 2010

Mission Reunion

I have known Ross since I was fourteen, we started dating when I was 17 and after dating for 3 weeks I was madly in love with him. After three weeks of dating I asked Ross what he wanted from this relationship. He said that he wanted to serve a mission and then come home an marry me. I was so happy and relieved. I come from a great family, I have three brothers, that never had a real example in the home of what a righteous priesthood holder is and what they should be doing. I knew from the time I was eleven, that my kids would have that example in my home and I wouldn't settle for anything less. To hear that Ross wanted to serve a mission, it told me here was a young man that was willing to sacrifice two years of his life and wanted to honor his priesthood. I was also excited because I told myself I would only marry a returned missionary. I knew then that our relationship would end in an eternal marriage.
On November 5, 2003, Ross entered the MTC, and was called to serve in  the Johannesburg, South Africa mission. There is no doubt in my mind that Ross didn't love his mission. Friday night we went to a mission reunion. He was able to see the mission president and an old companion. I really enjoyed going for me to see and hear about his mission made me feel like I was part of it.

No comments: